Saturday 28 November 2015

SOAL RESPONSI BAHASA INGGRIS XI

SOAL RESPONSI BAHASA INGGRIS
KELAS XI
27 November 2015

413/53 Alice St
Lakemba
29/10/87

Dear Grandpa and Grandma
Yesterday at my school we had International Day. We had performances, food stalls , displays, raffles ticket draw and some of us were dressed in costumes.
We started our day off  with performances but the one I liked best was the one from fourth grade. It was about  games. The performances I was in was called Labamba
Straight after our performances we had our lunch. There were food stalls. They came from Australia, Asian, Arabic and Greece.
Everyone had a job. These people were from sixth grade. I did my job after  I had lunch. My job was to sell International Day Books.
We had displays in the hall. These displays were good but I didn’t get to see them. The displays came from a lot of countries.
There was also a Trash & Treasure stall where they sell toys. The school got these things by asking the children to bring them in.
After lunch we had a raffle ticket draw. I didn’t win anything but a lot of people did.
Although I didn’t win anything, International Day was still fun
                                                                              Love from Huy

(Taken from : Teaching Factual Writing : A Genre Based Approach  page : 5)

Questions
1.     Who is the writer of the letter?
_________________________________________________________
2.     What is the purpose of this letter?
__________________________________________________________
3.     What kind of text is it? Is it a recount or a narrative text?
__________________________________________________________
4.     What did the writer do in the events?
__________________________________________________________
5.     How did the writer feel about the events?
______________________________________________________

Complete the sentence with Simple Past Tene and Past Continous and usingwhen or while.
6.     Linda _____ (see) the old man ____________he was crossing the crowded road.
7.     I was having my dinner ____________my father _____ (come) .
8.     ________Someone _____ (phone) , Mr. Rudi was reading a magazine.

9.     Please mention the generic structure of Advertisement Text !
10.  Make an advertisement based on these theme :
a.     Instant noodle
b.    Shoes
c.     Carbonated drinks



No comments:

Post a Comment